Happy Thursday! Spatchcock is back – you’re welcome. This is sooooo good because we brine the chickens and we spatchcock them—split the bird, remove the backbone and the ribs so it can soak up that much more flavor. That’s right, you’re getting a semi-boneless half bird that takes a brine well, roasts well, glazes well and tastes a-mazing! And we’re giving you even more glaze to take it over the top. Add baked beans with caramelized onions, bacon + peppers and a light and tasty cucumber salad and va va voom! Oh, and a buttermilk biscuit, which is probably the real reason you’re with us tonight. We get it, they’re bomb! Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Smoked apple glaze
- Baked beans
- Cucumber salad + feta +arugula
- Lemon ginger dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Optional: Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
Chicken + Biscuit
The Chicken – Two options! Grilling or broiling.
- Place the chicken skin side up on the hottest part of the grill. Brush the glaze on. Grill for 3 minutes.
- Once you’ve got some good char marks, flip to the skin side and leave it for another 3 minutes. Brush on more glaze.
- Flip again, let it sit for another 2-3 minutes. More glazing.
- One more flip for about a minute, then done!
To bake + broil:
- Set your oven to 450F. On a foil lined sheet tray, glaze both sides of the chicken and leave on the tray skin side up.
- Pop it in for 5-6 minutes, then set your oven to low broiler.
- Glaze the skin side one more time. Move the tray up under the broiler and broil for 4-5 minutes ‘til the glaze is caramelized and the skin is crispy.
The Baked Beans
- In a small saucepan, melt a pad of butter until foamy.
- Pour the beans into the pan.
- Bring to a simmer. Feel free to add a little water to get your desired consistency. If they’re hot, they’re ready!
Get it hot however you want to get it hot. Toast, grill or microwave.
- Invert the container and dump so arugula is on the bottom of your bowl!
- Drizzle on the dressing.
- Toss, toss, toss!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO