Un-burrito-ble flavors are coming your way, Fam! Can you believe these goodies are ALL yours, and will soon be combined into one little (big) wrapped up present? Heck, it’s ya birthday! Time to celebrate with braised chicken in adobo sauce, simmered and monitored for “proper sauciness” says Chef Matt. The refried beans serve as the perfect first ingredient for your burrito, spread over your tortilla like a glue for the rest of your components. The rest? All up to you. Got extra cheese or sour cream on hand? Go for it.
What’s in your bag:
- Achiote + guajillo braised shredded chicken breast
- Saffron + paprika rice
- Refried black beans
- Pico de gallo
- WECO chili-lime chips
- Roasted tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- Microwavable glass dish
- Optional: nonstick pan + butter
- Optional: microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- Add the chicken to a saucepot. Add a little water to get it nice and saucy, and warm over medium for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once it’s hot, cover with a lid and keep on heat while you move on to the rice.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a microwavable glass dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and zap for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir til hot!
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Pop your tortilla into the microwave with a couple drops of water on top. Heat for 15 seconds on each side to soften that bad boy up!.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now make your burritos! You know the drill. No rules. Salsa inside, salsa outside, anything goes. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your burritos.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO