Taco Tuesday with a burrito twist! Burrito Tuesday doesn’t have the same zing, but we’re still paying homage to classic, delicious Mexican cuisine on a Tuesday and that feels just right. Don’t worry, you’ll still get your crunch thanks to the incomparable Mrs. Chips and some roasted tomatillo salsa for dipping. The tender, braised shredded chicken breast is technically a tinga, as it’s doused in achiote + guajillo spices and of course, adobo. Let’s feast!
What’s in your bag:
- Achiote + guajillo braised shredded chicken breast
- Saffron + paprika rice
- Refried black beans
- Pineapple pico
- Mrs. Chips chili-lime chips + salsa
- Roasted tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- Pyrex dish
- Optional: nonstick pan + butter
- Optional: microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- It’s tinga time! Add the chicken to a saucepot. Add a little water to get it nice and saucy, and warm over medium for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once it’s hot, cover with a lid and keep on heat while you move on to the rice.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir until hot!
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Char them up over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side so they get toasty and lightly charred.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now make your burritos! You know the drill. No rules. Salsa inside, salsa outside, anything goes. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your burritos.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO