We roasted our chicken. We blackened our garlic and onion, added our spices, tomatoes, pineapple juice, and peppers. We immersion blended the sh*t outta that mixture. We shredded that chicken, combined it with the sauce, and, in the wise words of Chef Matt, reduced until we achieved “proper sauciness”. This “proper sauciness” is a science, so it took a little bit of playing with. But we think we got it just right 🙂
You’ll be happy to see the long-awaited return of Mrs. Chips tonight, she wanted to let you know she missed you. Chili lime chips for dipping, in whatever you’d like! Taco style or chip dippin’ style, we hope you enjoy!
What’s in your bag:
- Braised shredded chicken
- Saffron + paprika rice
- Refried beans
- Pico de gallo
- Mrs. Chips’ chili lime chips
- Corn tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Oil or butter
- Nonstick pan
- Small pot
- Salt n’ peppa
- A little H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat it up in a saute pan with a teaspoon of oil over medium for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. If needed at a tablespoon of water to help things steam. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Toss the beans in a small pot and heat until warm. Feel free to add a small splash of water and adjust to desired consistency.
- Heat ‘em up! You can pop them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, heat them in a nonstick pan until soft, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with refried beans, chicken, and pico. Maybe even add some rice in there if you feel like it, or leave on the side. Chips you can dip in the leftover pico, or crumble on top of your taco….whoa!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO