This variation on the classic Tex-Mex dish may not include the traditional sizzling skillet (or the flour tortillas), but it’s still totally fire (fuego? lit? whatever the kids are saying these days). Well actually, technically, this dish is smoky-roasty, thanks to your adobo-marinated steak and adobo-spiced peppers & onions, but that doesn’t have the same ring to it 😉
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your steak, rice, black beans, adobo peppers & onions
- Adobo sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sharp knife & cutting board
How to prep:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange your steak, rice, beans, and peppers & onions side by side in your casserole dish. Spoon a little adobo steak sauce onto the steak. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of water over your rice, then pop it in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed to your liking. Let your steak rest briefly.
- Grab your cutting board and knife, and slice your steak into half-inch thick pieces, cutting against the grain or dice if you like.
- Plate up your rice and veggies, arrange the sliced steak over top, then finish with a big scoop of that guac!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!