Happy Friday, Fam! Now… let’s chat chicken. This chicken, it’s the main event, everyone knows it. How do we make it? Well, there are a few necessary steps, so let’s break it down! First, brine. Then marinade. Then dredge. We brined the chicken to keep it moist and flavorful by boiling water with a little salt and sugar, letting that solution cool, then soaking the chicken in it. Crazy, right? It makes a world of difference. Next, the marinade. This involves buttermilk, spices, and you guessed it, hot sauce. Dredging is the last step, and don’t worry! It’s not as scary as it sounds. We just battered the chicken in a mildly spiced flour blend, and then fried it up! That’s it. Now it’s on your table, with a BUNCH of other tasty goodies, ready to be devoured. Go get it, Fam!
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Romaine lettuce
- Bacon, tomato, onion + egg
- Avocado ranch
- Blue cheese
- Breaded chicken + Nashville hot sauce
- Hot sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- Mixing bowl
- A cutting board
- Bake chicken on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray at 350F for 10-12 minutes. If you’ve got an airfryer, this would be a great time to use that if you prefer.
- Pour your hot sauce into the bottom of the mixing bowl. Carefully remove your chicken from the oven and place in the mixing bowl on top of the sauce.
- Gently flip your chicken to cover the other side. The breading is delicate so try to keep it intact!
- Place your hot sauced chicken on a cutting board and chop it into pieces sized to your liking.
- While the chicken is baking, grab your romaine lettuce and chop it up on a cutting board! We left the chopping to you so the lettuce stays extra fresh.
- Pop your lettuce in a bowl and top with your bacon, tomato, onion + egg. Sprinkle on your blue cheese.
- Drizzle on your ranch until properly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss!
- Top with your tasty chicken 🙂
See the salad? Eat the salad. Enjoy the salad.
Crush the salad. Mourn the salad. Fin.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO