We try not to pick favorites, but this chicken dinner? It’s the apple of our eye. And not just because it’s basted in a finger-lickin’-good apple-bourbon glaze. Brining the bird overnight before roasting ensures that it stays extra juicy and tender. Winner, winner, indeed.
Now, the question remains as to how to approach your buttery buttermilk biscuits from Chef Emily. Do you enjoy it in between bites of your chicken and creamy-crunchy broccoli salad? OR do you go rogue and use it to compose a sando-style compilation of chicken and broccoli? You choose, and let us know what you prefer!
What’s in your bag:
- Smoky brined, roasted + glazed half chicken
- WECO apple-bourbon glaze
- Creamy broccoli salad with bacon, pecans + dried cranberries
- Buttermilk biscuits
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
Total prep time: 17-20 minutes
The Chicken + Biscuits
- Set your oven to 375F.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on a foil-lined sheet tray, and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove your chicken from the oven and coat it in your apple-bourbon glaze.
- Set your oven to broil (low broil, if you have that option!)
- Place the tray under the broiler for 2-4 minutes ‘til the skin is nice and crispy. Every broiler is different, so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- These babies are best warmed up! Pop them in the oven with the chicken for the last five minutes, or use your toaster oven or air fryer.
The Broccoli Salad
- Best served cold!
Slice up your chicken, and plate it up with a big ol’ spoonful of broccoli salad and your warmed biscuit. (Or, like we said, make a little chicken-broccoli-biscuit sando!)
Most importantly, enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!