We know you’re hungry and want dinner STAT, so we’ll get right to it. Tonight, the star of the show is your statler chicken breast– brined, roasted and then coated with an apple-bourbon glaze, you’ll be glad we chose this cut that has the drumette still attached because it means there’s more to enjoy!
Now, the question remains as to how to approach your buttery biscuit. Do you have it in between bites of your chicken, sweet-savory baked beans and aioli-laced slaw? Or do you go rogue and use it to compose a sando-style compilation of all the components? You choose, and let us know what you prefer!
What’s in your bag:
- Smoky brined, roasted + glazed statler chicken breast
- WECO apple-bourbon glaze
- Baked beans with caramelized onions, bacon, charred peppers + roasted garlic
- Buttermilk biscuit
- Cabbage slaw
- Sweet chili aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Small pot
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Set your oven to 375.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on a foil-lined sheet tray, and pop it in for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove your chicken from the oven and coat it in your apple-bourbon glaze.
- Set your oven to low broiler.
- Place the tray under the broiler for 3-4 minutes ‘til the skin is nice and crispy. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn!
The Baked Beans
- Pour the beans into your pot and heat on medium for 7-10 minutes or until they hit a light simmer. Feel free to add a splash of water to adjust consistency to your liking. Taste test, and hit it with a lil’ S+P if you want!
Get it hot however you want to get it hot! Toaster, oven, etc.
- Mix the slaw and the sweet chili aioli in a bowl. No need to overdo the aioli, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
Grab a big ol’ plate and place your chicken on there. Surround it with your baked beans, biscuit, and slaw. Pro tip: Some beans on your biscuit are a tasty combo!