We try not to pick favorites, but this chicken dinner? It’s the apple of our eye. And not just because it’s basted in a finger-lickin’-good apple-bourbon glaze. Brining the bird overnight before roasting ensures that it stays extra juicy and tender. Winner, winner, indeed.
Now, the question remains as to how to approach your cornbread from Chef Emily. Do you enjoy it in between bites of your chicken and creamy-crunchy broccoli salad? OR do you go rogue and use it to compose an open-face, sando-style compilation of chicken and broccoli? You choose, and let us know what you prefer!
What’s in your bag:
- Smoky brined, roasted + glazed half chicken
- WECO apple-bourbon glaze
- Creamy broccoli salad with bacon, pecans + dried cranberries
- Cream cheese cornbread with maple butter
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
Total prep time: 25 minutes
- Set your oven to 375F.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on a foil-lined sheet tray, and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove your chicken from the oven and coat it in your apple-bourbon glaze.
- Set your oven to broil (low broil, if you have that option!)
- Place the tray under the broiler for 2-4 minutes ‘til the skin is nice and crispy. Every broiler is different, so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Right before your chicken is done warming up, pop your cornbread in the oven on the sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as warm + crisp as you like it!
The Broccoli Salad
- Best served cold!
Slice up your chicken, and plate it up with a big ol’ spoonful of broccoli salad and your warmed cornbread.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!