Once you go spatchcock, you may never go back! Spatchcock chicken is a chicken that is split with the backbone and ribs removed, which helps it cook more evenly. We love this method because it yields the tastiest and juiciest of results, and also works as a crowd-pleaser every time. Do you prefer breast meat? We gotchu. Do you prefer thigh meat? We gotchu. Do you prefer the drumstick? WE GOTCHU. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone. Tonight your spatchcock is coated with apple bourbon glaze, and there’s also an extra side of that glaze for you to add to your chicken while it’s cooking. More flavor for you to enjoy 😉
What’s in your bag:
- WECO apple-bourbon glaze
- Baked beans with caramelized onions, bacon, charred peppers + roasted garlic
- Buttermilk biscuit
- Cabbage slaw (with cabbage from Applefield Farm!)
- Sweet chili aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Small pot
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Set your oven to 400F. Place chicken, skin side up, on a foil lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove your chicken from the oven and coat it in your apple-bourbon glaze.
- Set your oven to low broiler.
- Place the tray up under the broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes ‘til the skin is crispy!
The Baked Beans
- Pour the beans into your pot and heat on medium for 7-10 minutes or until they hit a light simmer. A splash of water could be a good idea to adjust consistency to your liking.
Get it hot however you want to get it hot! Toast, grill, etc.
- Mix the slaw and the sweet chili aioli in a bowl. No need to overdo the aioli, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
Grab a big ol’ plate and place your chicken on there. Surround it with your baked beans, biscuit, and slaw. Pro tip: some beans on your biscuit are a tasty combo!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO