Happy Taco Tuesday, Fam! What else could you expect on this fine December evening? Tuesdays deserve some celebration because Monday’s over, that’s for sure, and tacos are the perfect way to do it. We hope with each taco you are transported to a tropical destination in your mind with the fresh mangoes in the salsa, the pineapple in the mayo, the lime to squeeze all over, and the citrus zing of the shrimp. Snow? No way. We’re going to the beach!
What’s in your bag:
-Citrus poached shrimp
-Cilantro lime rice
-Napa cabbage slaw
-PIckled red onion + lime
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
-Salt n’ peppa
– A lil H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat the shrimp in a saute pan with a tablespoon of water over medium for about 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Mix the slaw and the pineapple-chipotle mayo in a bowl. No need to overdo the mayo, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with shrimp, mango salsa and onion. The slaw is up to you, on the tacos or on the side. Spoon some rice next to your tacos, drizzle some lime over everything, and voila! Taco time! Happy Tuesday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO