You’ll be sayin’ baja-ja-ja-ja-ja as you laugh your way to this tasty taco Tuesday dinner! Laughing out of joy, because past you was really lookin’ out for future you (current you) today, and ordered you Baja shrimp tacos! Nice job, past you. You can pat yourself on the pack for that one. If you’re feeling a little shellfish and don’t want to share these tacos, we don’t blame you. Pop those delicious shrimpies on your warmed tortillas, add some salsa and slaw, onion and lime, and call it a day. Rice can be scooped with a spoon on the side, though who’s to say it can’t go on your taco? Your tacos, your rules!
What’s in your bag:
-Citrus poached shrimp
-Cilantro lime rice
-Napa cabbage slaw
-PIckled red onion + lime
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
-Salt n’ peppa
-A lil H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat the shrimp in a saute pan with a tablespoon of water over medium for about 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Mix the slaw and the pineapple-chipotle mayo in a bowl. No need to overdo the mayo, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with shrimp, mango salsa and onion. The slaw is up to you, on the tacos or on the side. Spoon some rice next to your tacos, drizzle some lime over everything, and voila! Taco time! Happy Tuesday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO