These eats… let’s taco bout ‘em. (BADUM TSS)
Chef Matt almost didn’t let us leave that knee slapper there, but we simply couldn’t deprive you of a little Monday pick-me-up. Hopefully you’re ready as heck for some handheld taco time, cus WE ARE. Forks? Who needs ‘em. Okay, maybe for the rice. But the rest is all fair game to be packed into your corn tortillas. Seriously, everything. Citrus poached shrimpies, mango salsa, your slaw, pickled red onion and a leeeeeetle squeeze of that lime. We’re partial to a light schmear of the leftover mayo on the interior of your tortilla, but do whatever you gotta do, boss. Your favorite hot sauce collected from that highway-side gas station last summer? Perhaps a necessary final touch.
What’s in your bag:
-Citrus poached shrimp
-Cilantro lime rice
-Napa cabbage slaw
-Pickled red onion + lime
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
-Salt n’ peppa
-A lil H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat the shrimp in a saute pan with a tablespoon of water over medium for about 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Mix the slaw and the pineapple-chipotle mayo in a bowl. No need to overdo the mayo, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with shrimp, mango salsa and onion. The slaw is up to you, on the tacos or on the side. Spoon some rice next to your tacos, drizzle some lime over everything, and voila! Taco time! Happy Monday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO