Bringing you blissful, brilliant, and bangin’ BBQ on this WECO Friday eve. Best night of the week, eh? We are using a lot of B’s tonight but this meal deserves an A grade. We used Statler breasts, otherwise known as airline or frenched chicken breasts, which are boneless breasts with the bone-in drumette attached. The name “Statler” actually originated from the Boston Statler Hotel (now called the Boston Park Plaza hotel!) Anyways, this style of chicken is perfect for BBQ, a little more fancy, a little more fun (because you can use your hands), and ever-so delicious. We know you all have been waiting for these biscuits, so of course we had to deliver, and we added baked beans for another Boston themed treat (it’s the molasses!) Cucumber salad is in there so Mom + Dad know we’re eating our greens. BBQ is BACK, BABY!
What’s in your bag:
- BBQ Chicken + BBQ Sauce
- BBQ Baked Beans
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- B-Cucumber B-Salad
- Lemon ginger dressing (we give up on the alliteration)
What you’ll need from home:
- A saucepan
- A sheet tray w/ aluminum foil
- A bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- When your oven is nice and hot, place your chicken on an aluminium foil-lined sheet tray and glaze with your extra sauce. Pop in the oven for 15-17 minutes. Watch for over-caramelization of the sauce on the chicken – we want warm not burnt!
When you have 5ish minutes left on your chicken, pop the biscuits on the same sheet tray to come up to temp.
- Pour the beans into your saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Stir throughout to make sure each bean gets a chance at glory!
The Cucumber Salad
Best served cold or at room temperature. Toss in a bowl, drizzle that dressing, and toss!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO