BBQ–what? BBQ spatchcock! And what on the planet earth, might you ask, is that? Spatchcock chicken is also known as butterflied chicken, where the chicken is flattened out by removing the backbone. This helps it cook more evenly, resulting in a tender, juicy, delish-us-ful BBQ meal. And yes, we made up the word delish-us-ful. What’s not made up is how good this BBQ sauce is, though. Please don’t sleep on that. And also, please don’t sleep on the cornbread, because there’s cheddar cheese involved, and we figured when cheese and cornbread are combined that only good things happen. BBQ is one of our many love languages, Fam, so we hope you enjoy 🙂 Eat the cornbread and let the good things happen!
What’s in your bag:
- Spatchcock chicken
- WECO Carolina BBQ sauce
- Shaved broccoli + cabbage slaw
- Buttermilk ranch dressing
- Roasted potato + black bean salad
- Cheddar + buttermilk cornbread
What you’ll need from home:
- A saucepan
- A sheet tray w/ aluminum foil
- A bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- When your oven is nice and hot, place your chicken on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and glaze with your extra Carolina BBQ sauce. Pop in the oven for 15-17 minutes. Watch for over-caramelization of the sauce on the chicken – we want warm not burnt!
- When you have 5ish minutes left on your chicken, pop the cornbread on the same sheet tray to come up to temp.
The Shaved Broccoli + Cabbage Slaw
- Best served cold or at room temperature! Throw your shaved slaw in a bowl and add a little bit of that delicious buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Toss it up!
The Roasted Potato + Black Bean Salad
- Best served cold or at room temperature!
Grab a plate! Place your chicken on there, and surround it with your slaw, potato + black bean salad, and cornbread. Voila! Eat up, WECO people 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO