The whole darn enchilada(s) is in your bag tonight, folks! An assemble-it-yourself ordeal with ALL the fixins. If you’re saving this spread for later, simply assemble your enchiladas as instructed, top with aluminum foil and pop ‘em in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, you can thaw them in the fridge for 24 hours and then bake as usual! Future you will thank present you later. And if you’re enjoying these tonight… All we gotta say is, we hope you enjoy! <3
Total prep time: 30 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Beef barbacoa
- Torched poblano crema
- Saffron rice + black beans
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar
- Tin container to bake your enchiladas in
What you’ll need from home:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Nonstick pan
- Butter or olive oil
How to Build Your Enchiladas:
Filling the Tortillas:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease your tin with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- Grab a tortilla and place it on a cutting board or plate. Arrange a couple spoonfuls of your beef in a horizontal line going down in the center of your tortilla.
- Now rollllll it up (leaving the sides open)!
- Grab your tin container and position it horizontally (yenno, the long way!) on the counter. Place your filled tortilla inside, positioned vertically in your container. Trust us, they’ll fit – give your tortilla a little push to nestle it into the tin if you need to. You should have 1 row of 6 enchiladas once they’re all filled up!
- If you have any leftover beef, arrange that around your enchiladas.
- Pour your torched poblano crema ALL OVER your enchiladas, and then sprinkle your cheese over too!
- Place the tin on your foil-lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is hot + melty.
The Rice + Beans
- Heat a little butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Scoop the rice + beans into your pan, breaking up clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once fragrant and hot, you’re good to go! Enjoy with your enchiladas 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.