The whole darn enchilada(s) is in your bag tonight, folks! An assemble it yourself ordeal with ALL the fixins. If you’re saving this spread for later, simply assemble your enchiladas as instructed, top with aluminum foil and pop ‘em in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, you can thaw them in the fridge for 24 hours and then bake as usual! Future you will thank present you later. And if you’re enjoying these tonight… All we gotta say is, we hope you enjoy! <3
Total prep time: 20 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Beef barbacoa
- Torched poblano crema
- Saffron rice + black beans
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar
- Tin container to bake your enchiladas in (no lid! You’ll use aluminum foil for that)
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Nonstick pan
- Butter or olive oil
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Microwave safe bowl
How to Build Your Enchiladas:
Filling the Tortillas:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grab your nonstick cooking spray or olive oil and lightly grease your tin container, then place it to the side.
- Grab a tortilla and place it on a cutting board or plate. Arrange a couple spoonfuls of your beef in a horizontal line towards the bottom of your tortilla. Any leftover beef can be used later!
- Now rollllll it up (leaving the sides open)!
- Grab your tin container and position it horizontally (yenno, the long way!) Place your filled tortilla inside, positioned vertically inside your container. You should have 1 row of 6 enchiladas once they’re all filled up!
- If you have any leftover beef, arrange that around your enchiladas.
- Pour your torched poblano crema ALL OVER your enchiladas, and then sprinkle your cheese over too!
- Toss in the oven for 15-20 minutes. We’d recommend checking at 15 minutes to make sure your cheese isn’t getting too toasty 🙂
The Rice + Beans
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Scoop the rice + beans into your pan, breaking up clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once fragrant and hot, you’re good! Enjoy with your enchiladas 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO