Our kids broccoli lo mein just got a BIG upgrade, let us tell ya. If you loved the kids meal version, this “grown up” dinner is sure to hit the spot. (And don’t worry, you’ll still see the kiddo version again!) Tonight, you’ll be stir frying up your “grown up” lo mein and adding shaved sirloin, broccoli, veggies and hoisin sauce to create a total masterpiece. This meal is filled out with our favorite side pairings, some eggplant with wood ear mushrooms, black garlic + red miso, and a tasty egg roll for some crunch. Airfryer peeps, this eggroll is the perfect time to shine!
What’s in your bag:
- Fresh lo mein noodles
- Shaved sirloin + broccoli
- Veggies (snap peas, pea shoots + bean sprouts)
- Hoisin sauce
- Spicy peanuts
- Eggplant + black garlic
- Egg roll
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Pasta pot with salted water
- Olive oil
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Eggplant and Egg Roll
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Arrange your eggplant on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and your egg roll on the other. Place the tray in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Remove carefully from the oven!
The Lo Mein Noodles
- Bring water to boil in a pasta pot and salt the water.
- Drop in the noodles and let them cook for 90 seconds. Make sure to test for doneness!
- Strain your noodles and toss with a light drizzle of olive oil to prevent clumping. Set your noodles aside, we’ll come back to them soon!
The Shaved Sirloin + Broccoli and Veggies
- Over low-medium heat, drizzle a little olive oil in your saucepan and add your shaved sirloin + broccoli. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your noodles. Stir the noodles, shaved sirloin + broccoli around to mix them all up!
- Grab your hoisin sauce, add it to your pan, and stir for 3-4 minutes or until everything is heated through. Want it super saucy? Add more!
- Next, throw in your veggies and give it a thorough stir. We want the veggies to warm, but they should still have a good ol’ crunch.
- Grab a shallow bowl for serving. Arrange your finished noodles in the bowl and top with a spoonful of your spicy peanuts. Your eggplant and egg roll can go on the side!
- Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO