Our kids broccoli lo mein just got a BIG upgrade, let us tell ya. If you loved the kids meal version, this “grown up” dinner is sure to hit the spot. (And don’t worry, you’ll still see the kiddo version again!) Tonight, you’ll be stir frying your “grown up” lo mein and adding shaved sirloin, broccoli, veggies and hoisin sauce to create a total masterpiece. This meal is filled out with our favorite side pairings, some eggplant with wood ear mushrooms, black garlic + red miso, and a tasty egg roll for some crunch. Air fryer peeps, this egg roll is its perfect time to shine!
What’s in your bag:
- Lo mein noodles
- Shaved sirloin + broccoli
- Veggies (snap peas, pea shoots + bean sprouts)
- Hoisin sauce
- Spicy peanuts
- Eggplant + black garlic
- Egg roll
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan
- Olive oil
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Eggplant and Egg Roll
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Arrange your eggplant on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and your egg roll on the other (if not using your air fryer). Place the tray in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Remove carefully!
The Shaved Sirloin + Broccoli and Veggies
- Over medium heat, drizzle a little olive oil in your saucepan and add your shaved sirloin + broccoli. Saute
for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your noodles. Stir the noodles, shaved sirloin + broccoli around to mix them all up!
- Next, throw in your veggies and give it a thorough stir.
- Grab your hoisin sauce, add some to your pan, and toss everything together for 2-3 more minutes, until your snap peas are bright green and tender. If you want it saucy, add more hoisin sauce!
- Grab a shallow bowl for serving. Arrange your finished noodles and top with a spoonful of your spicy peanuts. Your eggplant and egg roll can go on the side! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.