If you’re a fan of our kids’ meal version of this dish, tonight’s “grown up” dinner is sure to hit the spot. (And don’t worry, you’ll still see the kiddo version again!) Tonight, you’ll be stir frying your lo mein–which we’ve already pre-cooked for you because we’re all about making dinnertime easy, duh–and adding in allllllll the good stuff. You’ve got shaved steak, broccoli, crisp veggies + fragrant herbs, crunchy chili peanuts, and a delectable hoisin BBQ sauce. Last but not least, we’re rounding out this masterpiece of a meal with a tasty egg roll. Because, classic.
What’s in your bag:
- Fresh lo mein noodles; hoisin BBQ sauce; chili toasted peanuts; egg roll
- Shaved steak + broccoli
- Veggies (snap peas, bean sprouts + herbs)
- Miso + chili marinated cucumbers
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Large saute pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Egg Roll
Option #1: In the oven
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place your egg roll on your foil-lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until hot + crispy.
Option #2: In the air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F.
- Pop your egg roll in for 4-6 minutes, until hot + crispy.
- Set your saute pan over medium heat for a minute or so until it’s nice and hot.
- Add a drizzle of oil, and then your shaved steak + broccoli. Saute for about a minute.
- Add your (pre-cooked!) noodles. Stir the noodles, shaved steak + broccoli around to mix them all up!
- Next, throw in your veggies and give it another stir.
- Finally, drizzle in some of your hoisin BBQ sauce. FYI: You might not need it all! But feel free to add more if you like it saucy 😉
- Stir + toss together over medium heat for 2-3 more minutes, until your snap peas are bright green + tender and everything is hot and steamy.
Grab a shallow bowl for serving. Arrange your finished noodles and top with a spoonful of your spicy peanuts. Your egg roll and cool chili cukes can go on the side! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!