If you’re a fan of our kids’ meal version of this dish, tonight’s “grown up” dinner is sure to hit the spot. Tonight, you’ll be stir frying your lo mein–which we’ve already pre-cooked for you because we’re all about making dinnertime easy, duh–and adding in allllllll the good stuff. You’ve got shaved steak, broccoli, crisp veggies with fragrant herbs, crunchy chili peanuts, and a delectable hoisin BBQ sauce. Last but not least, we’re rounding out the meal with a tasty egg roll. Because, classic.
What’s in your bag:
- Fresh lo mein noodles; hoisin BBQ sauce; chili toasted peanuts; egg roll
- Shaved steak and broccoli
- Veggies (snap peas, bean sprouts & herbs)
- Miso & chili marinated cucumbers
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Large saute pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Egg Roll
Option #1: In the oven
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place your egg roll on your foil-lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until hot and crispy.
Option #2: In the air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F.
- Pop your egg roll in for 4-6 minutes, until hot and crispy.
- Set your saute pan over medium-high heat for a minute or so until it’s nice and hot.
- Add a drizzle of oil, and then your shaved steak and broccoli. Saute for about a minute.
- Add your (pre-cooked!) noodles. Stir the noodles, steak, and broccoli around to mix them all up!
- Next, throw in your veggies and give it another stir.
- Finally, drizzle in some of your hoisin BBQ sauce. FYI: You might not need it all! But feel free to add more if you like it saucy 😉
- Stir and toss it all together over medium heat for 2-3 more minutes, until your snap peas are bright green and tender and everything is hot and steamy.
Grab a shallow bowl for serving. Arrange your finished noodles and top with a spoonful of your spicy peanuts. Your egg roll and cool chili cukes can go on the side! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!