Welcome! It’s Tuesday, and you’re about to tuck into quite the feast. Tonight’s dinner is a treat right from Chef Matt. He was like “Beef Stroganoff!” and we were like “YUP!” You’ll love it. We kept it simple and paid homage to the traditional dish from the 1850s. Ever since it was born in Russia, this dish has served a heavy dose of comfort to all its fans, and we’re here to present our oh-so-WECO twist on it. Braised grass fed beef, in an outrageous garlic cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and chives. Plus, you’re getting fresh egg pappardelle from Deano’s! Yum. Plus PLUS, we’ve got some blistered broccoli rabe with smoked maple syrup and preserved lemon to pull it all together. Fresh, fun, flavorful, and freakin’ tasty. Let’s go!
What’s in your bag:
What you’ll need from home:
-Kosher salt (or any salt will do, really!)
-Sheet tray or saute pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
Okay so, let’s Stroganoff!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season it with Kosher salt.
- Once boiling, drop in the fresh pappardelle noodles and give them a stir stir stir to allow them to float freely. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Once they’re cooked, reserve some pasta water, and strain.
- Heat the stroganoff in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Once it simmers, cover, turn off the heat and leave on the stove. Let sit for five minutes.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a few splashes of reserved pasta water to thin it out to your desired consistency. Then, get it nice and hot!
- Toss in the pasta in the sauce, right in the pan, season to your taste with salt + pep, and you’re ready to go!
The Broccoli Rabe
-To broil: Lay the broccoli rabe on a sheet tray and broil for 2-3 min..
-To char: Toss the broccoli rabe in a hot, dry saute pan to char lightly.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO