There is no right or wrong time or place for compound butter. Morning, night, on your way to work, in the shower. Wait what? Who said that? Anyways…we created this herby array of flavors infused into a slatherable form, perfect to add on top of your tenderloin, potato, or, screw it—your broccoli rabe too. We might even recommend leaving your ramekin of butter out before dinner, so the butter gets all soft and spreadable (drool). The bordelaise, a French red-wine based sauce made with shallots and thyme, is for your beef tenderloin. Pour this stuff all over your beef so that its warmth melts the butter and combines all the fab flavors. Bon appetit, Fam!
What’s in your bag:
- Your beef tenderloin medallions
- Red wine bordelaise
- Charred rosemary compound butter
- Blistered broccoli rabe with calabrian chilis
- Hasselback potato
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- A pot
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Hasselback Potato
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your potato on your aluminum foil lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
The Beef Tenderloin & Broccoli Rabe
- When you have 6ish minutes left on your timer, add your beautiful meaty friends and tiny lil trees (your tenderloin medallions and broccoli rabe) onto the sheet tray and pop it back in the oven.
- Spoon your bordelaise into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until warm and saucy.
- Finish with a lil bit of your compound butter because we put that stuff on everything. Stir, stir, stir to emulsify.
Plating time! The trio of potato, broccoli rabe, and the medallions go on there, then a little butter goes on everything. The bordelaise comes last and goes over the medallions, to melt that compound butter, if it isn’t already melty 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO