Birria tacos are baaaaack! Have you been pining for these? ‘Cus we have. If you’re new to birria, it’s a traditional Mexican stew made with goat or beef (ours is beef) and these tacos are a spin on that classic dish. That birria jus, or braising liquid, is the secret to juicy, tasty tacos and we wouldn’t want it any other way. Alright Fam, fire up your stove, it’s taco time!
What’s in your bag:
-Slowly braised shredded beef + birria jus
-Saffron + tomato rice
-Fire-roasted squash + peppers
-Baked pinto beans
-Cotija, salsa verde, pickled red onions + lime
What you’ll need from home:
-2 microwave safe bowls
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
The Beef and Birria Jus
- Add the beef and the birria jus to a saucepan and heat over medium for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through.
The Rice and Beans
- Pour the beans into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Do the same with the rice in a second bowl, but place a damp paper towel on top before microwaving!
The Fire-Roasted Squash + Peppers, Tortillas and Cotija
- Heat the squash + peppers with a tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium until warm. Transfer to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out your saute pan and return to medium heat.
- Place your tortillas on there for 10 seconds. With your tongs, flip each tortilla once soft and pliable.
- Sprinkle some cotija on each tortilla, and leave them in the saute pan for another 10 seconds.
- Slide the tortillas from the pan onto a plate.
- Use your tongs to add a portion of the warmed beef to each taco. Pour the extra jus leftover in the saucepan into a small bowl, and set aside for dipping your taco in!
- Top each taco with salsa verde, pickled red onion, and a squeeze of lime.
Enjoy your rice, beans, squash + peppers on the side! Now grab your tacos and get to dippin’. Enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!