Greetings and happy Thursday, lovely dinner enjoyers! We’ve got some swaaanky spinach for your swanky spinach salad this evening! (Or morning, or afternoon…) We tossed in some baby kale so your spinach has a leafy friend, and topped it all with shaved apple + fennel, cranberries, blue cheese, and pecans. And peeps—those pecans might be your new besties, because they sure as heck are ours. Roasted and tossed in honey and salt, they’re kinda like salad sprinkles. A little sweet, a little savory, and you could just end up eating them all at once. Top it all off with a warm bacon honey-mustard dressing and you’ve got yourself a MEAL!
Total prep time: 5-10 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your salad!
- Shredded smoked chicken (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A small saucepan
- Tossy things
- Saute pan (if you ordered the chicken!)
How to prep:
- Remove the ramekins of pecans, blue cheese and dressing.
- Flip your salad into your bowl to reveal the toppings underneath!
- Grab your saucepan, pour your dressing in, and heat on low heat until warm (NOT hot). Stir occasionally to integrate everything!
- Season your salad with S+P, drizzle your warm vinaigrette all over, and add the pecans and blue cheese.
- Toss it up!
The Chicken (if you ordered it!):
- In a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add your chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Season with s+p to taste!
- Top your salad with your tasty shredded chicken 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO