Bloomsdale spinach? What is that?! It’s a variety of spinach with large, dark green leaves and a nutty, almost sweet flavor. Which is to say, it’s some swanky spinach for your swanky spinach salad this evening (or morning, or afternoon…) We added some baby kale into the mix so the spinach has a leafy friend, and topped it all with shaved apple + fennel, cranberries, blue cheese, and pecans. And peeps—those pecans might be your new besties, because they sure as heck are ours. Roasted and tossed in honey and salt, they’re kinda like salad sprinkles. A little sweet, a little savory, and you could just end up eating them all at once. Top it all off with a warm bacon honey-mustard dressing and you’ve got yourself a MEAL!
Total prep time: 5-10 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your salad!
- Salmon (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A small saucepan
- Tossy things
How to prep:
- Remove the ramekins of pecans + cranberries, blue cheese, and dressing.
- Flip your salad into your bowl to reveal the toppings underneath!
- Grab your saucepan, pour your dressing in, and heat on low heat until warm (NOT hot). Stir occasionally to integrate everything!
- Season your salad with S+P, drizzle your warm vinaigrette all over, and add the pecans + cranberries and blue cheese.
- Toss it up!
The Salmon (if you ordered it!):
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the salmon on the aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Slide the tray in the oven for 5-6 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through. Remove carefully. Add to your salad and enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO