Braised, glazed, heavily praised and will leave you amazed, this pork belly’s got rhymes AND it tastes heckin’ good. When JP whipped this up in the kitchen the other week, not gonna lie, we were almost offended by how tasty it looked (and no, it didn’t just look tasty!!) The team was borderline feisty to get in there and have a bite. Some elbows may have been thrown, but we can guarantee no WECO team members were injured in the tasting of this pork belly. There’s lots of flavors to go around (so no more elbows) like the sweetness of the caramelized figs and the savory spices in the carrot + ginger mash.
For reheating, we suggest a quick sear of the pork belly in a pan to crisp it up, then the rest is all in the oven. Enjoy, Fam!
What’s in your bag:
- Cider-ponzu braised pork belly
- Curried carrot + ginger mash with caramelized onion
- Baby bok choy
- Frisee + endive salad
- Pickled cranberry citrus glaze
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Olive oil
- Large oven safe casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Pork Belly, Carrot + Ginger Mash and Baby Bok Choy
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- While the oven is preheating, drizzle a little olive oil into your saute pan and heat over medium heat.
- Carefully sear each side of your pork belly in the saute pan until crispy, around 1-2 minutes per side. Keep a close eye on it, we want to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Remove the pork from your saute pan and place it on one side of your casserole dish. Spoon your pickled cranberry citrus glaze over your pork.
- Add your carrots to the other side of the dish, leaving room for the bok choy later on.
- Pop your pork and carrots in the 350F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- After 12-15 minutes, add your bok choy!
- Pop back into the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven.
The Frisee + Endive Salad
- Throw the salad into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the Cascabel chile vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
Woohoo! You did it. Now it’s time to enjoy! Place your pork belly, carrot + ginger mash, and baby bok choy on a plate, and maybe grab a small bowl for your salad on the side. Dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO