Thanks for ordering tonight! We’ve got the ultimate comforting treat waiting for you. This meal is so simple, so satisfying, so delicious. Tonight’s chicken was braised low and slow with preserved lemons, Meyer lemon juice, tons of saffron spices and rich chicken stock. No cutting corners! Never ever. Only the best for our beloved Fam 🙂 We especially love the juxtaposition of the warm chicken and stewed chickpeas + tomatoes with the cool labneh and cucumbers. Balance, peeps! Enjoy!
What’s in your bag:
- Chicken thighs
- Saffron jus
- Stewed chickpeas + sundried tomato with red bell pepper
- Cucumber salad
What you’ll need from home:
- Medium saucepan + lid
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken + The Jus
- Warm the saffron jus in a medium saucepan with a splash or two of water over low heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the chicken warm in the jus until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once they’re hot, remove the thighs from the pan with tongs and put them on a plate.
- Reduce the jus down until it’s thick and viscous.
- Put the chicken back in the pan to coat with the reduced jus.
- Pop the lid back on, and set aside until plating time.
The Stewed Chickpeas + Tomatoes
- Pour these into a small saucepan, and add a splash of water.
- Warm over high heat for 5 minutes until they simmer and steam. Stir throughout!
Grab a big bowl and place the jus-y chicken on it. Ladle the stewed chickpeas on the side of the bowl. Finally, take the labneh and dollop it all over. Crunchy cucumbers salad and pita on the side. We love mixing it up and using some of the pita to sop up the extra drips of flavor throughout or to dip into the labneh. You choose!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO