It’s a pita party tonight! Dipping, stuffing, tearing, soaking, and chowing are all on tap tonight. Use your pita as the vessel for your eats. Dip it in that labneh, stuff it with those chickpeas and shrimp, tear it up and soak it in the jus. And of course, chow it all up. Finger food is NOT just for kids, it is for anyone over the age of 0. So that means you! Or use a fork if that’s what you fancy 😉 However you pita-party, however you like, just make sure to bring the party 🙂
P.S. We’re doin’ something a little different to spice up this week. Post a pic of dinner tonight with the hashtag #wecolove and tag @wecohospitality for a chance to have tonight’s bill *poof* disappear!
What’s in your bag:
- Braised shrimp
- Lemon & saffron jus
- Stewed chickpeas + sundried tomato with red bell pepper
- Cucumber salad
What you’ll need from home:
- Medium saucepan + lid
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Shrimp + The Jus
- Warm the saffron jus in a medium saucepan with a splash or two of water over low heat.
- Add the shrimp and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the shrimp warm in the jus until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once they’re hot, remove the shrimp from the pan with tongs and put them on a plate.
- Reduce the jus down until it’s thick and viscous.
- Put the shrimp back in the pan to coat with the reduced jus.
- Pop the lid back on, and set aside until plating time.
The Stewed Chickpeas + Tomatoes
- Pour these into a small saucepan, and add a splash of water.
- Warm over high heat for 5 minutes until they simmer and steam. Stir throughout!
Grab a big bowl and place the jus-y shrimp on it. Ladle the stewed chickpeas on the side of the bowl. Finally, take the labneh and dollop it all over. Crunchy cucumber salad and pita on the side. We love mixing it up and using some of the pita to sop up the extra drips of flavor throughout or to dip into the labneh. You choose!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO