Happy Passover, Fam! Whatever your family looks like, we all have a Bubbe tonight. And she has crafted this magnificent matzo ball soup that cannot be beat—Bubbe is unbeatable in the matzo-ball-soup-game. She’s been playing for years…and she’s batting a thousand. You know what that means: fortified broth simmered for a long-ass time (overnight) for extra flavor. And not one but TWO matzo balls, because Bubbe said so. It’s raining matzo balls! If this is your first time trying matzo ball soup, welcome! If you’re a seasoned matzo ball soup enthusiast, welcome as well! Bubbe’s soup is slurp-ready for everyone 🙂
Total prep time: 8-10 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your broth
- 2 matzo balls (these are made from a Jewish unleavened bread, similar in texture to a dumpling)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot + spoon!
How to prep:
- Pop the pot on the stove and fill it with the broth.
- Heat on medium until warmed to your liking, stirring on occasion to distribute the heat evenly. About 8-10 minutes.
- Once your broth is nice and steamy, carefully add in your matzo balls to bring up to temperature. About 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully ladle everything into a bowl and get to slurping!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO