So, you’re probably wondering, what are these mysterious chilaquiles we speak of? Well, they’re a traditional Mexican dish—think nacho vibes, commonly eaten for breakfast, though we don’t think there’s a wrong time of day for these. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, midnight-can’t-sleep-meal, it’s as easy as tossing them in the oven! Some chilaquile-enjoyers add a fried egg on top, and we’d consider that an absolute power move. Undeniable genius thinking. Big brain thoughts. Have a favorite hot sauce? Now’s the time, drizzle that on top for the final touch. Chilaquile time!
What’s in your bag:
- Salsa verde
- Corn + beans
- Pico de gallo
- Pork carnitas (if you ordered them!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven-safe skillet (cast iron is best!)
Don’t have an oven-safe skillet? An aluminum foil lined sheet tray works as well!
- Mixing bowl
- Saute pan (if you ordered the pork carnitas!)
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Chips, Salsa Verde, and Corn + Beans
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your chips into your mixing bowl. Pour your salsa verde all over and toss, toss, toss!
- Move your salsa verde tossed chips to your skillet or sheet tray. Distribute them as evenly as possible.
- Toss your corn and beans all over the chips.
- Place the skillet or sheet tray in the oven for 7-10 minutes. If you ordered the pork carnitas, now would be a good time to start heating up your saute pan- peep the directions below!
- Remove carefully from the oven.
The Cotija, Guacamole, and Pico de Gallo
- Right after you remove your skillet or sheet tray from the oven, top your chips with your cotija, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
- And that’s it! You can munch on your chilaquiles right off of your skillet or sheet tray, or scoop them onto a plate. Enjoy 🙂
Pork Carnitas (if you ordered them!)
- Heat the pork in a saute pan with a teaspoon of oil over medium for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Top your chilaquiles with the carnitas!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO