To anyone who writes off avocado toast off as being too “basic,” you clearly haven’t met our WECO-ized version here.
The secret to upgrading this open-faced avo sando is layers. Layers of flavors, and layers of textures– sweet-earthy with herby-nutty, creamy with crunchy… Think of the toasty sourdough as your canvas and the toppings as your palette. There’s really no wrong way to DIY the assembly of this culinary composition, so go on and get creative!
Total prep time: 5 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Burrata, smashed avocado, piquillo pepper jam, and pistachio + parsley oil
- Sliced sourdough bread for toasting
- Lemon + herb marinated lump crab (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Toaster or skillet with a little butter
How to prep:
- Using a toaster or a skillet with a lil’ butter, toast your sourdough to desired doneness (we like it on the crunchier side to contrast with the texture of the toppings- but you do you, boo!)
- Since you have two slices of toast, use half of your toppings on each!
- We recommend this order: Spread on your pepper jam, then add smashed avocado, your crab (if you ordered it), next a half of your burrata, then finish with a drizzle of oil. And just like that- you’re a total toast artiste!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO