If you’ve tried your hand at making risotto before, then you know how much of a labor of love it is. Stirring constantly to develop the starchy, creamy consistency from the rice is an art form. And wowza, does your arm get tired in the process!
Well, well, well, we are overjoyed to share that this WECO version should be quite a bit easier! We’ve prepped the rice so that you won’t be standing at your stove for ages. Yup, that’s how you know we love you. The luscious brown butter squash puree, roasted butternut & delicata squash, and flavor poppin’ toppin’ (aka Parm crumble) should make that pretty clear too 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Roasted butternut & delicata squash
- Brown butter squash puree
- Parm crumble
- Roasted beets with parsley & pistachio
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan & spatula
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
How to prep:
- Pour all of your rice and about half of your vegetable stock into your saute pan. Stir consistently over medium heat until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Spoon all of your brown butter squash puree into the pan with your rice and mix it up with your spatula.
- Once everything is incorporated and getting along nicely, scoop in your roasted squash and stir, stir, stir!
- How’s everything looking? A little thick? No prob. Stir in a splash or two of vegetable stock.
- Repeat step 4, adding stock little by little (don’t wanna overdo it!) until your risotto is at the desired texture. It should be thick, but still spread a bit when spooned onto your plate. Season with S&P to taste!
We think a shallow bowl works best for serving your risotto. Garnish with Parmesan crumble, and enjoy your beet salad cold on the side!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!