Chef Matt always tells it how it is. He’s got a way with words— you could call him a modern day Tolstoy. He explained to our kitchen team as they prepped this (amazing) adobo marinated flank steak, “here we go! You are about to embark on a wonderful, beefy adventure. I tip my hat to you, and wish you the best of luck.“ Now we’re tipping our hat to YOU as YOU embark on this wonderful, beefy adventure. A burrito-venture, one might call it. On your burrito-venture, you will discover savory saffron + paprika rice, refried beans with caramelized onions, poppin’ pico de gallo, and some chips + roasted tomatillo salsa for dippin’, if you’d like to dabble in that. OH! And your flour tortilla 🙂 Get to it, peeps!
What’s in your bag:
- Flank steak
- Saffron + paprika rice
- Refried black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Mrs. Chips chili-lime chips
- Roasted tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Salt and pepper
- Pyrex dish
- Optional: non stick pan + butter
- Optional: microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Flank Steak
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto that sheet tray.
- Toss the steak on that sheet tray and place in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until heated to your liking.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Char them up over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side so they get toasty and lightly charred.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now make your burritos! You know the drill. No rules. Salsa inside, salsa outside, anything goes. Or dip your chips in the salsa! Enjoy your life. Enjoy your burritos.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO