DIY time! We know everyone creates their burritos a little differently, which is the beauty behind dinner this eve! How do you assemble? Steak first? Rice first? Do you push the limits of conventionality and add some crushed chili-lime tortilla chips in for a lil’ crunch? Add your favorite hot sauce for some extra heat? You’re the chef tonight, make it your own! You simply cannot go wrong! Feel free to share your creations with us on Instagram or Facebook, we would absolutely LOVE to see and share the diversity in burrito-ness our Fam creates 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Flank steak
- Saffron + paprika rice
- Refried black beans
- Pineapple pico
- Mrs. Chips chili-lime chips + salsa
- Roasted tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Salt and pepper
- Pyrex dish
- Optional: nonstick pan + butter
- Optional: microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Flank Steak
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto that sheet tray.
- Toss the steak on that sheet tray and place in the oven at 375 degrees.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Char them up over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side so they get toasty and lightly charred.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now make your burritos! You know the drill. No rules. Salsa inside, salsa outside, anything goes. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your burritos.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO