As Chef Matt says, you are about to embark on a wonderful, beefy adventure. We tip our hats to you, and wish you the best of luck. Not that luck is needed, here, peeps. Just good vibes and taco-vision. What’s taco-vision, you ask? Oh, that’s simply the laser focus you have when tacos are on the horizon. Anything else can simply not be thought of: just the masterpiece we are about to create. Utilize your super duper powerful taco vision and begin to paint your taco-picture in your mind. Are your tacos stacked a mile high with all the goods? Or are you more of a minimalist, with just the carne asada and crema on there? All tacos are taco-worthy, that is a fact we know to be true. Taco-eaters, unite!
What’s in your bag:
-Cilantro lime rice
-Street corn slaw
-Mrs. Chips’ chips
-Señor Salsa’s salsa
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
The Carne Asada
- Heat that carne asada up in a lightly oiled saute pan over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. We just want to warm it up, not overcook it!
- If you feel it needs a few more minutes, let it go a little longer! Once warmed through, turn off the heat and leave your carne asada in the pan while you tackle the rice and tortillas.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. If needed at a tablespoon of water to help things steam. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Heat ‘em up! You can pop them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, heat them in a nonstick pan until soft, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Alright peeps, taco assembly time. You know the drill, no rules whatsoever. Want some tips on heating your tortillas? Check out our video!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO