Good evening, Fam! In your bag you’ll find all the components needed for a burrito-ful dinner experience: Tender braised pork carnitas, fragrant saffron tomato rice + black beans, cool chipotle lime crema, zesty salsa verde, and fresh pico. Last but not least, you’ve got your beloved Mrs. Chips chili lime tortilla chips. Snack on ‘em on the side with a little pico or salsa verde, OR toss a couple in your burrito to add a zingy crunch to each bite. Or do both– both definitely works too 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Pulled pork carnitas
- Saffron tomato rice + black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa verde
- Chipotle lime crema
- Flour tortillas
- Mrs. Chips chili lime chips
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Second sheet tray (optional, to toast chips)
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave-safe plate or nonstick pan (depending on how you want to warm your tortillas!)
- Saute pan (optional, to griddle your burrito)
Total prep time: 12-15 minutes
The Carnitas + Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto that sheet tray, and toss your carnitas on top.
- Pop your sheet tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the carnitas are heated through.
- Optional: Spread your chips on a second sheet tray and pop in the oven for the last 3-4 minutes to get them hot + toasty!
The Rice + Beans
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice + beans into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and heat for 2-3 minutes.
Don’t skip this step! Cold tortillas won’t roll well 🙂
- Option 1: Toss them on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now, make your burritos! There are no rules for assembly, but we like to start with a bed of rice + beans, a little pico, salsa verde, then crema goes on next, and finally, spoon on some carnitas— sandwiching your sauces in the middle means fewer leaks!
But wait — we’re not done yet, Fam! If you’re looking for some optional (and delicious) extra credit, you can griddle! those! burritos! Just heat a saute pan over medium, add a drizzle of oil, and then add your burrito seam-side-down. Heat 2-3 minutes until golden brown, flip it over, and repeat on the other side.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!