Good evening, Fam! We know Tuesdays tend to be for tacos, but we figured no one would object to having a bigger tortilla tonight. Because, yenno, more tortilla real estate = more room for heapin’ scoops of your tasty fillings.
In your bag you’ll find all the components needed for a burrito-ful dinner experience: Tender braised pork carnitas, fragrant saffron tomato rice + black beans, cool chipotle lime crema, zesty salsa verde, and fresh pico. Last but not least, you’ve got your beloved Mrs. Chips chili lime tortilla chips. Snack on ‘em on the side with a little pico or salsa verde, OR toss a couple in your burrito to add a zingy crunch to each bite. Or do both– both definitely works too 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Pulled pork carnitas
- Saffron tomato rice + black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa verde
- Chipotle lime crema
- Flour tortillas
- Mrs. Chips chili lime chips
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Microwave-safe dish
- Nonstick pan (optional)
- Microwave-safe dish (optional)
Total prep time: 12-15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto that sheet tray, and toss your carnitas on top.
- Pop your sheet tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the carnitas are heated through.
The Rice + Beans
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice + beans into a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and heat for 2-3 minutes.
Three options! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Toss them on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
- Option 3: Wrap your stacked tortillas tightly in aluminum foil (if you got multiple portions, don’t stack more than 4 at a time!). Pop them in a 375F oven for 5-7 minutes, or until they’re nice and hot.
Now, make your burritos! There are no rules for assembly, but we like to start with a bed of rice + beans, a little pico, salsa verde, then crema goes on next, and finally, spoon on some carnitas— sandwiching your sauces in the middle means fewer leaks!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!