Happy Tuesday, Fam! We are feeling well rested, rejuvenated, and ready to share these beautiful burritos with you. There’s a handful of burrito components tonight that are essential in making your burrito a burrito-ful experience. The carnitas, for one, duh, because we braised that sh!t for four hours! The chili lime chips on the side because we know those are your favorite, Mrs. Chips has been tortilla-ing it up ALL day to ensure the crunchiest chili lime chips for your dipping pleasure. OR if you’re a toss-those-in-your-burrito kinda person for some crunch, we respect it. Any leftovers would make a dank breakfast scramble, so it’s a win win for you and future you.
What’s in your bag:
- Saffron + tomato rice
- Black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Chipotle lime crema
- Mrs. Chips chili lime chips
- Smokey-sweet tomatillo salsa verde
- Flour tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Salt and pepper
- Glass dish
- Optional: nonstick pan + butter
- Optional: microwave safe dish
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto that sheet tray.
- Toss the carnitas on that sheet tray and place in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a glass dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Stir ‘til hot!
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Toss them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, and cover them with a damp paper towel to ensure they keep their moisture.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
Now make your burritos! You know the drill. No rules. Salsa inside, salsa outside, anything goes. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your burritos.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO