Said to have been invented during the Mughal Empire (a really really long time ago), biryani is a mixed rice dish commonly found on the Indian subcontinent. Our WECO version is a spin on the OG, a classic you might already know well. What we’ve got on tap tonight: a chicken breast marinated for half a
day (!!!), a spiced rice base, and a few accompaniments!
The korma is a creamy, coconut-ey blend of potatoes and spices, and the raita is similar to a tzatziki, perfect as a dollop on the side…or just pour all of it on your plate, it’s THAT good! Slather the garlic butter on that naan and it’s chow time.
What’s in your bag:
- Chicken breast
- Basmati rice
- Sweet potato korma
- Garlic butter
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Salt and pepper
- Pyrex dish
- Saute pan
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Chicken Breast
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto that sheet tray.
- Toss the chicken breast on that sheet tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on a saute pan.
- Heat korma on low-medium heat for around 5 minutes.
Two options again! (What can we say? We’re flexible.)
- Option 1: Char them up over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side so they get toasty and lightly charred.
- Option 2: Warm them in a nonstick pan one at a time.
- Nothing! This is meant to be enjoyed cold.
Grab a plate. Naan first, slather in garlic butter. Place some korma beside it, and toss a big scoop of rice next to the korma. A trio of sorts! Nestle the chicken breast in the pile of rice. Gobble it up.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO