Hey wonderful WECO people! Happy Wednesday! Ready for some Marsala magic? Featuring: a chicken paillard breast! This type is more similar to a cutlet, so it’s thin, boneless, and fits the dish to a T. We think it makes the Marsala absolutely marvelous, and we hope you do too. Prep tonight is pretty simple, you’ll just need to pour your Marsala gravy ALL over your chicken and toss it in the oven. Broccoli too 🙂 The orzo can be zapped in the micro real quick, cause let’s be real here, it’s Wednesday and easy peasy is the name of the game.
What’s in your bag:
- Chicken paillard
- Marsala gravy
- Orzo rice pilaf
- Blistered broccoli
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Olive oil
- Oven safe dish
- Microwave safe bowl
- Damp paper towel
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken Paillard
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to your saute pan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Add your chicken paillard to the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes. Flip the chicken and sear the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour your gravy into the pan, and bring to a light simmer.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When warmed through, turn off the stove, remove your chicken from the pan and place on a plate on the side, leaving the gravy in the pan.
- Toss the broc in an oven safe dish and heat in a 350F oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and test for doneness with a fork. Toss it back in if it needs a few more minutes!
The Orzo Rice Pilaf
- Toss in a microwave safe bowl, add a teaspoon of water, and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
It’s go time! Scoop your pilaf onto a plate and top with your chicken breast. Spoon the Marsala gravy all over. Add some broc on the side. Time to get to eatin’!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO