Chicken parm makes us think of Mom or Dad in the kitchen, singing along to Dean Martin’s “That’s Amore” with the aroma of crispy, saucey, cheesy, chicken wafting through the air. The dish itself paints a picture, we like to think. This version is a simpler all-in-one rendition, perfect for tossing in the oven and turning your brain off for a bit- just don’t forget about the tasty eats in the oven, though, lol!
What’s in your bag:
-Chicken parm + rigatoni bake
-Kale & romaine for the Caesar salad
What you’ll need from home:
-Olive oil or butter
-Salt and pepper
-Sheet tray (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken Parm
- Set your oven to 400F. Remove the lid from the container, place it on a sheet tray, and pop it in the oven — no need to wait for the oven to preheat!
- Set a timer for 12-15 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner.
- Check the parm to make sure it’s nice and hot inside. Depending on your oven, it may take a few more minutes.
- Once it’s hot, turn the oven to low broil to crisp up the breadcrumbs on top – make sure they don’t burn though! When the breadcrumbs are golden brown and delicious (maybe a minute or two), it’s ready to go 🙂
- Chop the heads of romaine into bite sized pieces.
- Toss in a bowl with the chopped kale and shaved parm, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle the dressing all over.
- To toss with or without the croutons – totally your choice, but make sure you don’t forget them!
- Mix it up, taste for seasoning, and plate.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO