What? Did you think we forgotta ‘bout our OG Chicken Piccata bowl?! Pshh. Get outta get here. We would never!
We know it’s been a minute since this Fam Fave was last on the menu, but that’s just because our test kitchen (aka culinary wizards) team has been hard at work giving it a well-deserved glow-up. What was once a single-serving bowl is now a bonafide Dinner Duo for two. That means more of all your favorite lemony and garlicky things: Tender marinated chicken, roasted broccoli, toasted breadcrumbs, and caper cream sauce. We repeat: More lemon + garlic caper cream sauce.
Now, the only question left is who is included in that “for two” part of the equation. No judgment at all if it’s You and Future you 😉 Alright, time to piccata plate (pick-out-a plate) and get to preppin’ your piccata!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s fresh spaghetti
- Lemon + garlic marinated chicken cutlets
- Lemon caper cream sauce
- Roasted broccoli with garlic confit
- Toasted garlic breadcrumbs
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Large pot
- Cutting board
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Roasted Broccoli + Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange broccoli on one side of the tray and pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- Optional: If you like your breadcrumbs hot + crispy, carefully add them to the open side of your tray for the last minute of heating!
The Spaghetti, Chicken + Sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add your noodles in and give ‘em a stir!
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente. Taste to make sure you’re happy with the doneness of the pasta!
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then strain. Toss a little butter or oil in with the noods to prevent sticking.
- Grab that same pasta pot and give it a wipe to make sure it’s dry, then place over medium heat.
- Add about a tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the pot, and then add in your chicken cutlets in a single layer.
- Heat 1-2 minutes per side until hot + nicely browned.
- Pour your lemon caper cream sauce right over the chicken! Add a splash of the pasta water too.
- Heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Transfer your chicken to a plate or cutting board.
- Add your spaghetti to the pot with the sauce and toss!
Grab some pasta with your tongs and swirl it into bowls, pouring over extra sauce as you like. Slice up your chicken and arrange it on top! Broccoli goes on the side, and breadcrumbs go on anything and everything. Enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!