Man oh man did you piccata (pick out a) good night to join us for dinner, Fam! Especially if you’re a big fan of lemony and garlicky things, because this meal’s got ‘em all: Tender marinated chicken cutlets, roasted broccoli, toasted panko breadcrumbs, and a luscious caper cream sauce with peas. Then you add some fresh spaghetti from our friends at Deano’s into the mix?? Fuhgeddaboudit!
Alright, time to piccata plate–sorry, we can’t help ourselves–and get to preppin’ your piccata!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s fresh spaghetti
- Lemon & garlic-marinated chicken cutlets
- Lemon caper cream sauce
- Roasted broccoli with garlic confit
- Toasted garlic breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedge and fried capers
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Large pot
- Cutting board
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Roasted Broccoli & Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange broccoli on one side of the tray and pop in the oven for 10 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- Optional: If you like your breadcrumbs crispy, carefully add them to the open side of your tray for the last minute of heating!
The Spaghetti, Chicken & Sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add your noodles in and give ‘em a stir!
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente. Taste to make sure you’re happy with the doneness of the pasta!
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then strain. Toss a little butter or oil in with the noods to prevent sticking.
- Grab that same pasta pot and give it a wipe to make sure it’s dry, then place over medium heat.
- Add about a tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the pot, and then add in your chicken cutlets in a single layer.
- Heat 1-2 minutes per side until hot and nicely browned.
- Pour your lemon caper cream sauce right over the chicken! Add a splash of the pasta water too.
- Heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Transfer your chicken to a plate or cutting board.
- Add your spaghetti to the pot with the sauce and toss!
Grab the pasta with your tongs and swirl it into your bowl, pouring over extra sauce as you like. Slice up your chicken and arrange it on top with some of those crispy capers! Broccoli goes on the side, and breadcrumbs go on anything and everything. Enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!