We love all things tacos, especially on Tuesdays. A taco on a Tuesday is far better than a taco on a Wednesday, dontcha think? Especially when they’re chicken tinga tacos on a Tuesday. Need we say more? Alliteration, peeps. The spiced tinga has just the right amount of sweetness from pineapple juice, and when you toss it on a tortilla, with a lil bit o’ pico, slaw, salsa verde, and beans, it’s a hand held masterpiece. It’s as simple as that. Do your little happy dance with a taco in hand (or tacos in both hands!)
What’s in your bag:
–Tomato + chile braised shredded chicken
breast + thigh
-Saffron + paprika rice
-Cucumber + pickled red onion pico de gallo
What you’ll need from home:
-Nonstick pan (optional)
-Microwave safe bowl (optional)
-Salt and peppaaaaa
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- In a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add your chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Season with s+p to taste!
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Taco time! Grab a warm tortilla and pile it high. Are ya feelin’ salsa verde? Pico? Rice on the side? Rice in the taco? Rice everywhere? GO CRAZY!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO