Tacos? On a THURSDAY? Y’all knew we were crazy. Contrary to popular belief, you can in fact enjoy tacos on a day other than Tuesday. Shocker, right? We like Tuesday’s for tacos because it’s a little (huge) treat to get your week rollin’. On a Thursday, however, it’s more of a heck-yeah-it’s-Friday-eve-let’s-have-a-freaking-taco-party. So, that’s the vibe tonight, folks. Pile those corn tortillas high with your spiced, braised and shredded chicken, beans, pico and even salsa verde. A pro tip: schmear some of your beans on that tortilla first. It’s like glue, but made of beans. Bean glue. Taco time.
What’s in your bag:
–Tomato + chile braised shredded chicken
breast + thigh
-Saffron + paprika rice
-Cucumber + pickled red onion pico de gallo
-Roasted tomatillo salsa verde
What you’ll need from home:
-Nonstick pan (optional)
-Microwave safe bowl (optional)
-Salt and peppaaaaa
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- In a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add your chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Season with s+p to taste!
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a Pyrex dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry: melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Taco time! Grab a warm tortilla and pile it high. Are ya feelin’ salsa verde? Pico? Rice on the side? Rice in the taco? Rice everywhere? GO CRAZY!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO