Picture this: the WECO culinary team sits in the kitchen, perched on stools around a table, gossiping about all the tasty eats they have planned for you. In walks Melanie, on our marketing team, munching on some sort of unrecognizable salad concoction. All eyes turn. The kitchen becomes quiet. Chef Matt breaks the silence and asks, “Melanie, whatcha eatin’ there?” Melanie smiles. She replies, “oh, just some extra greens I had and some chilaquiles mixed in…”
Jaws drop and chaos ensues.
And here you have it folks, the origin story of this fantabulous chilaquiles bowl. In true WECO fashion, this bowl came from the question, “what do we want to eat for dinner this week?” The answer is always tasty eats like this. Thanks Mel for the inspo! With some added Chef Matt magic, here we are 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Baby romaine, tortilla strips and guacamole
- Corn + beans, cotija, salsa verde and pico de gallo
- Adobo-marinated shrimp (if you ordered them!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Large bowl
- Saute pan (optional; if you ordered the shrimp!)
Total prep time: 5 minutes
The Baby Romaine and Toppings
- Grab your romaine and chop it up on a cutting board.
- Add your chopped romaine to a large bowl.
- Add your other toppings: tortilla strips, salsa verde, corn + beans, cotija, guacamole and pico de gallo. Oh, and shrimp if you ordered those!
- Toss it up 🙂
The Adobo-Marinated Shrimp (if you ordered them!)
Enjoy these hot or cold, up to you! If you’d like them warmed up, here’s how to do it:
- Heat the shrimp in a saute pan with a tablespoon of water over medium for about 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add to your salad and enjoy!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO