Hey Fam! Which typa taco are you crushin’ tonight? Dinner this evening has the same vibe as the beloved choose-your-own-adventure books of youth. Roads have diverged and we’re preeeeetty pumped about that because it means OPTIONS and CELEBRATIONS! Chili-spiked shrimpies, or smoky adobo chicken, OR cumin and paprika roasted mushrooms with garlic and oregano (insert heart eyes emoji here). Plus all the fixins, and you know we have a fixin’ for fixins. XOXO 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Chili lime shrimp ~OR~ adobo chicken ~OR~ mushrooms with roasted onions + peppers (depending on which you ordered!)
- Saffron + tomato rice
- Refried black beans with caramelized onions + roasted corn
- Pickled red onion + lime
- Salsa verde
- Corn tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- 2 microwave-safe dishes
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
In a saute pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil and your filling, then heat until warmed through:
- Shrimp: 2-3 minutes
- Chicken: 3-4 minutes
- Mushrooms: 2-3 minutes
- Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave-safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Saute: Melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in the oven for 1 min or so.
Pile your tortillas high with the tasty goods! Some black beans, some of your filling, a little pickled red onion, salsa verde, and a squeeeeze of lime. Enjoy rice on the side or add a lil’ to your taco– hey, this is your adventure, after all!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!