Happy Cinco de Mayo, Fam! Which typa taco are you crushin’ tonight? We just so happen to be crushin’ both, but we’re also hungry as heck and very indecisive. Dinner tonight has the same vibe as the beloved choose-your-own-adventure books of youth. Two roads diverged on a Fiesta Friday, and we’re preeeeetty pumped about that because it means OPTIONS and CELEBRATIONS! Tantalizing chorizo with hints of pineapple and guajillo peppers, or, cumin and paprika roasted mushrooms with garlic and oregano (insert heart eyes emoji here). Plus all the fixins, and you peeps know we have a fixin’ for fixins. XOXO 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Homemade chorizo ~OR~ mushrooms with roasted onions + peppers (depending on which you ordered!)
- Saffron + tomato rice
- Refried black beans with caramelized onions + roasted corn
- Pickled red onion + lime
- Salsa verde
- Cotija cheese
- Corn tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- 2 microwave-safe dishes
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Chorizo (if you ordered it!)
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add your chorizo and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until warmed through.
The Mushrooms (if you ordered them!)
- Same as the chorizo! The shroomies will probably need a little less time, probably around 2-3 minutes. Season with S+P to taste.
- Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave-safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Saute: Melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Pile your tortillas high with the tasty goods! Some black beans, some chorizo or mushrooms, a little pickled red onion, salsa verde, cotija, and a squeeeeze of lime. Enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!