Hey Fam! Which typa tacos are you crushin’ tonight? Tantalizing chorizo with hints of pineapple and guajillo pepper, or cumin and paprika-roasted mushrooms with garlic and oregano? OR, better yet, did you embrace a ‘more is more’ mantra and go for both filling options?!?
Spoiler alert! Whatever path you chose to follow for tonight’s taco-venture, the destination is the same: A tasty as heck taco night 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Homemade chorizo ~OR~ mushrooms with roasted onions & peppers (depending on which you ordered!)
- Saffron & tomato rice
- Refried black beans with caramelized onions & roasted corn
- Pickled red onion & lime; cotija cheese; salsa verde
- 4 corn tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- 2 microwave-safe dishes
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Chorizo (if you ordered it!)
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add your chorizo and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until warmed through.
The Mushrooms (if you ordered them!)
- Same as the chorizo! The shroomies will probably need a little less time, around 2-3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave: Scoop the beans into a microwave-safe dish and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Saute: Melt a little butter in a nonstick pan. When foamy, add the beans. Thin with a little water, and stir ‘til hot!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in the oven for 1 min or so.
Pile your tortillas high with the tasty goods! Some chorizo or mushrooms, a little pickled red onion, salsa verde, cotija, and a squeeeeze of lime. Rice and beans can be enjoyed on the side! (Of course, if you want to add some of those to your taco too, we’re not stopping you!)
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!